Jozlin Tanner - Blog post 2

 Week 2 in NIce was full of adventure and fun. We got the opportunity to explore an ‘estuary’ and learn about all of the different types of marine life that lived there. Not only did we learn about the marine life that are able to live in both salt and freshwater, but those that can survive in the brackish areas as well. Upon arrival we saw that not only were there ducks in the water, but there was also one of the largest swans that I’ve ever seen. The water further up the river was so clear. It was interesting to see that while the beaches are more so made up of rocks, the area with the brackish water was more sandy and further up the river was muddy/sandy banks. 




Being in Nice has grown to be something that I am far more comfortable with. I’ve gotten used to the locals behaviors and have found a few areas and cafes to frequent. While I’ve struggled with sleep and eating is a struggle I am still approaching everyday with optimism for all that I will learn and get to experience. I’ve made so many friends and phenomenal memories. Week two flew by in the blink of an eye. So much so that when Thursday rolled around and we were released for our long weekend I was shocked. Alix, my roommate, and I headed out to Monte Carlo, Monaco for the weekend. The country, which can be walked from one side to the other in just 45 minutes, was extremely clean and a very fun place to be no matter how many stairs we had to climb to get places. We were able to explore a few museums and go shopping on Friday whereas Saturday I slept the day away unable to wake myself up. Consequently, my body took the break that it needed after having not fully rested for the previous two weeks. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karson Mock - Blog post 1