Alicia Salazar - Blog post 1

 This week I have learned a lot about marine biology that I did not know before! From the three main types of fish to the composition of the water in the sea, we have learned so many great new things. So far my favorite of these have been learning about the flat fish. Specifically the vertically flattened ones. These fish are particularly interesting to me because of their outside characteristics. Once these fish reach maturity they lay flat on either their right or left side depending on the species, and the side that is on the bottom loses its color and becomes white. Once they settle their eye on the opposite side also migrates to the upward side via a canal in their singular ocular chamber. Getting to dissect one of these was my favorite part of the week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karson Mock - Blog post 1