Blog post 1 from LIly Martin

 This week I learned three major fish types and how to identify them. The jawless fishes were

definitely my least favorite because they look horrifying. They will definitely be in my nightmares

because of there long worm body structure and blood sucking tactics. I also learned bony fish

are the largest and most diverse slabs of fish with 20,000 species. The Pyloric caecae are finger-

like pouches attached to the intestine which are believed to have digestive and absorption

function. I never heard about  Pyloric caecae before and was very intrigued by its operation.

Lastly the lateral line was very interesting to me. It is hearing, vision, and balance are controlled

by the intersection of the inner ear later-line and swim bladder. This week I had fun learning

about the three major fish speeches and can’t wait to learn more!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karson Mock - Blog post 1