Kate Claypool - Blog post 1

 In marine biology this week I had a good time learning about the 3 major classes of fish and later going to the fish market to look at and pick up some bony fish for dissection. It was interesting to see that they had all kinds of creatures there like flatfish, squids, and octopi in addition to some of the more common fishes. I knew a little bit about flatfish beforehand, but I found it surprising to learn that as they develop, the way that their skull actually has a channel for the one eye moves to join the other at the top of their head during development is very fascinating. I also find myself seeing a lot of similar life in Nice as there is back home like pigeons of course, but also plant life such as oleander bushes that I previously didn’t know were cultivated all around the world. I’ve also been having fun experiencing French culture by learning the language and trying out different foods!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karson Mock - Blog post 1