Jozlin Tanner - Blog post 3

 It’s officially the end of the last week here in France. Overall, this trip has been a blast, and I’ve learned many necessary lessons along the way. I’ve made friends and memories with people in the group and those outside of it, such as my host mom. This week, Alix and I had the opportunity to spend the evening at our apartment dancing and singing the night away with our host mom, Nathalie. We had so much fun getting to see her open up, sing, and dance the night away with us as she introduced us to music, and we did the same. 


Everything begins to come to a close in class as we prepare for our finals. While we may be done with our lectures and class times, we still have the opportunity to continue learning Marine Biology through a kayaking excursion on the ocean. Let me tell you, the people who kayak on the ocean every day must have some of the most strong, toned, and developed muscles in their cores, arms, and shoulders because that is NOT an easy hobby to have. During our excursion, not only did I learn that my physical shape could use some work, but we were also taught about the specific area we were in and the conservation efforts they were making to help the ocean and its inhabitants. Overall, a lot was learned, fun was had, and my body was so sore the next day when I woke up for our excursion to Cannes that all I could do was giggle and feel excited about my life and the amazing things I could, and do, fill it with. 


France has been an amazing country and experience, and I’m blessed to say I got to be a part of it. While I look forward to going home to see my dog and mom, I will dearly miss so many of the large and small aspects of this experience that have made this trip so special and influential. Good or bad, every experience that’s been had will be treasured in one way or another.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karson Mock - Blog post 1